uwrfvoice.com
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 Latest PDF issue  |  Give to the Voice  |  Search

Author archive

Avatar

Maxwell Vine

April 29, 2015

Track and field team has strong outing at St. Mary’s Cardinal Open

The UW-River Falls men’s and women’s track and field teams competed at the 2015 St. Mary’s University Cardinal Open on Saturday, April 25, in Winona, Minnesota, and both the men’s and women’s team had several top-five finishers.

April 22, 2015

Scholarship Benefit Dinner is finally here

The UW-River Falls Foundation office will host its annual Scholarship Benefit Dinner on April 24. The dinner is a high-class event inviting all of the Falcon Scholars and people who have donated money to the university for an evening of appreciation and fun.

April 8, 2015

DECA chapter coming to UWRF next fall

UW-River Falls could see another new student organization on campus come next year; this new student organization will be DECA. DECA, previously known as the Distributive Education Clubs of America, is an international organization aimed at preparing high school and college-level students for positions in marketing, finance, hospitality and management.

April 1, 2015

International Bazaar showcases different cultures

The International Bazaar is an event that has been on campus for over 10 years. The event is one where students are encouraged to learn about various cultures around the world. The event saw nine different countries presented. These countries included: China, Italy, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, France and Spain.

March 25, 2015

Student Life attempts to address commuter concerns

Student Life at UW-River Falls has been trying to appeal to commuter students to stay on campus for events with some success. Approximately 40 percent of all students attending UWRF live in a residence hall. This means the other 60 percent of the student body lives off campus.

March 11, 2015

Women’s hockey wins another WIAC playoff title

The Falcons beat Stevens Point by a score of 6-1. In the conclusion of the game, the Falcons held the O’Brien Cup, the trophy for winning the WIAC playoff championship. Last year, the Falcons defeated these same Pointers, 5-1.

February 25, 2015

UWRF celebrates National Recreation and Fitness Day

NIRSA is an organization that helps to regulate various sports through the collegiate systems across the U.S. NIRSA helps students at both the varsity and club level, but does not participate in any NCAA or NAIA activities.

February 18, 2015

Dairy Club takes top honors at dairy science conference

The senior Dairy Club team at UW-River Falls has taken top honors for the third year in a row at the Midwest Regional American Dairy Science Association-Student Affiliate Division (ADSA-SAD) Conference hosted by UW-Platteville in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin.

February 11, 2015

Student media organizations facing budget cuts

Student media organizations at UW-River Falls will be facing significant budget cuts starting in the fall, and these cuts will affect the four main campus media organizations, which include: WRFW radio, the Student Voice, Prologue, and Focus On U.