Letter to the editor
Candidate sets priorities for alderwoman-at-large position
March 30, 2012
My name is Lauren Evans. I am a 21-year-old marketing communications major at UW-River Falls. I have worked closely with non-partisan organizations like Students for a Fair Wisconsin and the Midwest Permacultural Institute to find my purpose in society as an artistic entrepreneur. I grew up in north Minneapolis with my three brothers and single mother. My interests include: the outdoors, sustainable agriculture and the arts. River Falls is a place where an interdisciplinary life can prosper. As a candidate for Alderwoman-at- Large, my top 10 priorities are to:
1. To be an intermediary between UWRF and the city of River Falls.
2. Looking into the reduction of property tax by utilizing integration of our local institutions.
3. Provide representation for women, students (K-college) people of color and other minorities in the city of River Falls.
4. Build our small businesses.
5. Integrate the dialectical perspective to the way decisions are made.
6. Integration of place-based learning into our educational facilities.
7. Grasp knowledge of how to develop a successful community.
8. Serve taxpayers by providing opportunities to better our community.
9. Increase access to healthier living integrating recreational activities in community programs and local CSAs.
10. Laugh More.