UW-River Falls horse show team members move to contest semi-finals
March 11, 2016
Five members of the University of Wisconsin-River Falls Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA) Western Equestrian Team have advanced to the IHSA Western semi-finals competition in Findlay, Ohio, March 19-20.
The students qualified for the semi-finals by finishing first or second in their category at the IHSA Zone 7 – Region 3 finals in February. At the semi-finals, the students will be working to qualify for the IHSA National Championships held in Lexington, Ky., in May.
Students who advanced to the semi-finals are:
- Isabella Groover, business administration major from Delavan, Regional Grand Champion in Advanced Horsemanship.
- Emily Lehmann, animal science major from Chippewa Falls, Regional Reserve Champion in Novice Horsemanship.
- Morgan Pliszka, biology major from St. Paul, Regional Reserve Champion in Advanced Horsemanship.
- Alyssa Tomei, animal science major from Ortonville, Mich., Regional Reserve Champion in Open Horsemanship.
- Melissa Warme, biology major from Minneapolis, Regional Grand Champion in Beginner Horsemanship.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.